Friday, November 27, 2009

Just because I love diving...

Just realized that this post was not published as expected.
This video shows why diving is so amazing. The interaction with nature and sea life that you normally don't see and even know about it. Just outstanding. There are two goals that I still need to accomplish with diving and are somewhat shown in this video:
1 - Dive with a rebreather. Want to go deeper. Right now I normally stay around 150ft. The possibility of going deeper is just impressive. We are talking about 10hr dives with the re-breather;
2 - Dive with white sharks in South Africa. Open water dive - not cage dive. This one I hope to accomplish soon.

Once, and unexpectedly, I saw a couple sharks. My buddy and I were at approximately 125ft. We had to stay on the bottom longer and I ran out of oxygen. We ended up buddy breathing. They finally left and we surfaced. Was a very good experience I must admit, but somewhat scary.

No comments: